Friday, November 18, 2011

My first mobile testing hours

I decided to spend few hours learning the process of submitting Fennec issues and documenting it. I would like to be doing this 30-45 minutes every day to help the project.

I documented my learning process in:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Armenzg/Fennec_Native_UI_testing

For the record, I had to remove the multi fennec build from latest-birch as it was broken.

At the end of this post there are some easy to hit bugs which would save you the time to figure out if it is already filed.

I hope this can help you get started and see that is not hard to do it.

First steps

NOTE: Here's the list of bugs that I've filed or have CCed myself to.

Testing

  • If you hit a bug check the list of know bugs Fennec Native UI list.
    • I normally just use the integrated search (Ctrl + F) that comes with Firefox to search through the list
    • I keep open the list all the time
  • If you don't find it file it by typing the steps you followed plus your expected behavious.
Not tried yet:
  • blassey told me to use "adb am start " to tell from my laptop to my phone to open a URL
  • Note on taking screen shots:
You can take screenshots using the Android SDK; you don't have to root
the device.  The other way is to upgrade to ICS if that is an available option
for you.

The android sdk will install the ddms, in which you can select a device and
then take a screenshot

Issues found

These are issues that I have not yet filed or have not have had time to check if they are valid.
  • On first start up I go to the Firefox Nightly start page and it is crazy wide
  • "Reformat text on zoom" is not "on" by default

Easy to hit bugs

Last updated: Nov. 18th, 2011
  • bug 702633 - painting is broken for google.ca
  • bug 701380 - have a different start up page
  • bug 701594 - Should not be able to stay zoomed out further than the page width
  • bug 700940 - Favicon transparency results in purple background sometimes
  • bug 701797 - "save as PDF" is broken



Creative Commons License
This work by Zambrano Gasparnian, Armen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment