Monday, October 08, 2007

Session 7 - building on MacOS X 10.4

  • Building on MacOSX
  • I've installed Xcode Tools 2.4.1 and Fink 0.8.1 // I don't know why but is says on instructions // What is Xcode? how do I run it?

  • Opened terminal
  • created .cvspass on my home folder since it wouldn't allow me to use cvs //I don't know why
  • cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs-mirror.mozilla.org:/cvsroot co mozilla/client.mk
    cd mozilla
    make -f client.mk checkout MOZ_CO_PROJECT=browser //started 10:33-10:42pm
  • cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs-mirror.mozilla.org:/cvsroot co mozilla/browser/config/mozconfig
  • Create .mozconfig - firefox-static-build
  • make -f client.mk build MOZ_CURRENT_PROJECT=browser
  • The pkg-config script could not be found. Make sure it is
    *** in your path, or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable
    *** to the full path to pkg-config
    http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig to get pkg-config
  • CONTINUATION NEXT DAY
  • I've updated some libraries that I didn't and when I get to the build I get this message:
    checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... no
    configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.
  • I asked in the Google Groups in the build channel and I realized that I typed:
    $> sudo gcc_select 3.3
    and for MacOS in Intel has to be 4.0, therefore:
    $> sudo gcc_select 4.0
  • It build!!
  • To run /sandbox/firefox/dist/Minefield.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox -no-remote -ProfileManager
  • If you try to use the finder, you have to select Minefield.app and browse to show contents; if you double-click it will run minefield
  • If you do /sandbox/firefox/dist/bin/firefox you won't be able to type without going the characters to the terminal rather than to Minefield
Now I can work on the mac rather than on Vista!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment